Pastor Thomas R. Kelly, Jr.
Pastor Tommy was born May 29, 1963, son of Thomas and Ola Jean Kelly.He is married to Phyllis Darlene Adams of Union, South Carolina and they have a daughter Rebekah.
He was licensed to preach at his home church, Carlisle Baptist, in Carlisle, South Carolina on November 2, 1986.
He was ordained there on November 13, 1988.
* Spartanburg Methodist College, Spartanburg, South Carolina A.A. Degree in Liberal Arts, Graduated May 10, 1983
* Lander College, Greenwood, South Carolina Bachelor of Science in Physical Education with Teacher Certification, Graduated December 20, 1985
* Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, North Carolina Master of Divinity, Graduated December 10, 1988
* New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Wilmington, North Carolina Clinical Pastoral Education, Two Basic Units, Graduated April 30, 1993
* Erskine Theological Seminary, Due West, SC. Received Doctorate of Ministry, May 15, 2005.
- Pastor First Baptist Church, Union, SC - Summer Youth Worker May 1985 - Sep 1985
- Blaney Baptist Church, Elgin, SC - Summer Youth Minister/Part time Youth Worker Jun 1986 - Dec 1986
- Mon-Aetna Baptist Church, Union, SC - Minister of Youth Jan 1987 - Jun 1988
- Temple Baptist Church, Wilmington, NC - Minister of Education & Youth Jul 1988 Jan 1991
- Atkinson Baptist Church, Atkinson, NC - Pastor Feb 1991 - Apr 1994
- First Baptist Church, Varnville, SC - May 1994 – Present
Associate Pastor, Brandon Corley
Brandon Corley was blessed to grow up as the son of a Baptist minister. His family moved to the South Carolina Lowcountry when he was a child and he graduated from Thomas Heyward Academy in 1997. Later, his father was called to a church in Westminister, SC. While living there, Brandon earned an Associates Degree in Business Administration. He and his wife Robin were married in 2001. They built a home and moved back to the Lowcountry to Sheldon, SC in 2004. They have three sons: Nathan, Jacob, and Caleb. Brandon has a heart for serving God. He is passionate about leading others to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, particularly youth and children. He has been serving in youth ministry since 2006.
Minister of Youth & Children Brandon & Robin Corley
Minister of Music Annette Tuten
Praise & Worship Leader Chip Mixon
Secretary Sharon Moody
Treasurer Greg Ackerman
Custodian Terry Hiers
Organist Janet Muckenhirn
Pianists Peggy Stanley, Phyliss Kelly,
Robert Brown, Chairman Greg Ackerman
David Ellis, Secretary Chris Mills
Chip Mixon Bill Hager
Bill Parker DeKelly Pittinger